To women, their hair is their crowning glory. They fuss about their hair so much like it affects their life directly. Even men get conscious when their hair is not as healthy as it is supposed to be. Hair loss is something that used to be equated with old age, but that is not the way it is now.
Even younger people before the age of 60 are now experiencing hair loss. There could be a lot of factors why a person’s hair is falling. It could be stress, age, excessive smoking, hormonal imbalance, genetics, and scalp infections. There are even instances when hair loss is caused by chemicals too strong, usually found in some brands of hair products including shampoo.
The thing is, you also have to know the difference between normal hair loss and the kind you certainly have to be worried about. People have approximately 100,000 strands of hair, and it is perfectly normal to lose around 50 to 100 every day. Pay attention, and if you know for sure you are losing more than that, you should start taking action immediately.
Because hair loss is something that is highly prevalent in these times, people have found natural remedies and herbal products that can control and even prevent it. You do not have to endure the pains of hair loss.
- Hair oils.Coconut oil, almond oil, and castor oil are among the most popular oils used to massage the hair and scalp. They have been proven to be the most effective ones, but also depends their effects to the massage. For best results, add drops of rosemary oil to the base one you will be using, and then massage onto the hair and scalp using light pressure on your fingertips. Massage promotes better blood circulation and nutrient absorption from the natural oils to the hair. It can even reduce your stress levels significantly.You can do this at least once a week and let the oils set in your hair for a while.
- Onion juice. If you search for superfoods, you will highly likely notice that the onion is always included in the list. Its anti-inflammatory properties have been proven to be very effective in improving blood circulation, killing bacteria and germs that might be the culprit as to why you have excessive falling hair. It has also been proven to regenerate hair follicles, and even treat an infected scalp. To use onion juice, grate the onion and then strain. Directly apply it to your to your scalp and leave it on for about 30 minutes, and then wash off. Shampoo your hair. You can also try adding a tablespoon of olive oil and two tablespoons of aloe vera gel. You can do this routine twice a week for 3-4 weeks for best results.
- Licorice roots. If you might have noticed by now, most shampoo brands use licorice and list it on their ingredients. It has long proven its attributes that works well for hair and scalp. Using licorice roots to your scalp does not only help with hair loss, but also alleviates other hair and scalp problems like dandruff and even baldness. To use, mix a tablespoon of ground licorice root to a cup of milk. Add in ¼ teaspoon saffron, and then mix thoroughly. When you have created a well-mixed paste, apply it on the bald patches at bedtime and leave it on overnight. You can then proceed to wash your hair in the morning, following the routine at least once a week until you can see an improvement. Since licorice roots can also work with baldness, it is only fair to say that this treatment could be effective for both minor and major hair loss problems.
- Aloe vera. Most hair products, if not all, are produced with aloe vera. It has always been associated with hair, since its enzymes have already been proven to promote hair growth directly. It also has alkaline that help both the hair and the scalp’s pH level to be on an ideal level. It also helps in scalp itch relief, and reduces scalp inflammation as well. You can use either the aloe vera gel or juice to strengthen and shine your hair, and to alleviate dandruff, too. Just apply the gel or juice to your scalp and leave it on for about a few hours before rinsing it off with lukewarm water. You can do the process 3-4 times a week, and even consume a tablespoon of aloe vera juice daily to ensure optimum results for a better hair health.
- Beetroot is also one of the superfoods believed to be packed with tons of vitamins and minerals. It has carbohydrates, phosphorous, potassium, vitamins B and C, calcium, and protein. All those are believed to be essential in hair growth. You are advised to include beetroot juice in your diet, as well as spinach juice, carrot juice, or lettuce juice, which are all beneficial to alleviate hair loss. Also, it can help to grind beetroot leaves after you boil them, then mix with henna to create a paste. Apply it to your scalp then leave it on for about 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse, and then repeat the process 5 times a week.
In choosing products to use on our body, it is always wise to really look into the labels and understand the ingredients they use in making these products. Natural products are always our best bets. As much as possible, stay away from products containing too much chemicals, for they are bound to have negative effects to our body in the long run.
While there are now natural products and even organic ones available in the market, we still have the option to go for these natural remedies listed above to make sure we are as free from harmful chemicals as we could be. These options are cheaper and safer, to say the least. The more natural a cure is, always the better option to go for.
There are lots of home remedies proven to be effective in treating hair loss and other hair problems. While using them, we can also try to destress, quit smoking, and maybe try to address what really causes our hair problems to better alleviate it and control it the best possible way we can.